Another week covering a range of current affairs, we dig into critical issues of the nation, and some entertainment news.
Our talk with Lisa Durden captures important issues and topics of the week.
- The dire economic situation is growing in rising unemployment.
- Goya Foods Boycott
- Facebook Boycott
- Reparations: As companies and government apologize for slavery, what should we be demanding?
- The Supreme Court made it easier for employers to deny contraception coverage to their employees on religious or moral grounds.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday the Trump administration wants to cap enhanced unemployment benefits in the next coronavirus package
- .Ayanna Presley and Rashida Tlaib introduce the Breathe Act. Drafted by the Movement for Black Lives, the BREATHE Act comes in response to the ongoing protests demanding justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and other Black men and women killed by police.
- Christian Cooper refuses to cooperate in the prosecution of Central Park Karen, Amy Cooper.
- Nick Cannon fired by Viacom for remarks made during a Cannon’s Class
- Jada and Will went to the Red Table, but left with a purple haze.
Ark Republic is an independent media company that provides a platform for free-thinking folk to tell stories as complex and colorful as possible. We need your help to keep the wheels churning and the stories flowing. Please become a member or donate to an organization dedicated to giving you stories that keep you informed.